Friday, September 17, 2010

Candy Corn Hoops

Blank wall before:

The cute and festive after:

I love how quickly this project came together AND how it didn't cost me a thing. Luckily I had all the supplies on hand. It is probably easy enough to figure out on your own but I put together a tutorial anyway.

Grab a bunch of embroidery hoops (check thrift stores!) and various white, yellow, and orange fabrics (check your stash, thrift stores, and the remnants section). Lay out the fabrics until you get some combinations you like and cut (or rip like I did) fabric to size.

Iron the fabric (if it needs it... mine obviously did). Layer fabric in desired pattern over the bottom ring. Assemble hoop. Pull fabric taut.

Trim excess fabric (I left about a 1/2 - 1 inch).

Either hot glue (to the inner rim on the back of the hoop) or tape fabric to the back. I chose to tape because I want to reuse these hoops in the future. Yay for cute and noncommittal decor!
I used a few more pieces of tape after I took the picture... but you get the idea
Hang on wall and admire. I seriously love how fun, subtle, and festive this is. Even my husband loved it. To paraphrase him: "It works great for Halloween since it is candy corn but it can be left up for the rest of the fall because of the color scheme." So true! :)
Linked to Craftaholics Anonymous Fall Frenzy party.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...