Saturday, December 12, 2009

Refashioning

I am a big fan of refashioning. Huge in fact. I love taking clothes that I no longer wear (or clothes my sisters no longer wear) and make them new again. This pink cardigan my sister gave me but I didn't like it as is... it was a little boring. So I cut out about 8 flower shapes and sewed them on in a cluster to create a rosette embellishment. Easy peasy and it adds a little more excitement to an otherwise plain cardigan.




For this next refashion I'm still on the fence on its outcome. It was cuter in my head. I took 2 shirts I didn't wear much anymore and made them into one (which I love) and then added a ruffle bib (the part I'm not sure of) with 3 gold buttons (which looked even weirder going down the middle - I promise). So, yeah, I'm not sure how I feel about it but the more I try it on the more I like it. Sounds promising.




If you need/want anymore refashioning ideas, look here, here, here, and here.



LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...