Sunday, December 27, 2009

Sweaters to Cardigans

Now that Christmas is over I can share a gift I did for my cute sister. Fortunately she isn't picky and luckily she doesn't have expensive tastes and all she wanted from me was to refashion a few of her sweaters. Pretty sweet deal if you ask me. She provided the most expensive part so this was a gift of love and hardly any money was involved.

Both were sweaters she wanted turned into cardigans (just cut up the center and add some bias tape). This one I added some vintage lace along the front and buttons on the sleeves.



I love the addition of the buttons. It really ties in the lace. So cute.



For the other sweater my sister wanted something along the lines of this sweater she found at Anthro (no longer available on their site):


Here is what I came up with. Navy bias tape with some navy roses sewn onto the collar. I promise, in real life the blues are more similar in color than they appear here.






I'm happy with the results and (hopefully) my sister is, too!

Linking up with Just Something I Whipped Up with The Girl Creative, Christmas Show & Tell with Tip Junkie, and .:Sumo's Sweet Stuff:. Market Yourself Monday.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...